Nerf Universal Chat

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Nerf Listens???

If you have been on any of the major Nerf blogs you might have seen that the new blasters are using a direct plunger system to shoot the darts (hopefully) 75'. All I can say it...

it's about freakin' time!!!!!


http://foamnation.blogspot.com/2012/05/good-news-everyone.html#more


Some of the best blasters ever made were direct plunger blasters. Two of them being the Longshot and the Nite Finder. Direct plunger blasters just work better and the nerfing community has noticed that for years. It seems that Hasbro has finally taken notice of this. It also makes me feel better that Nerf is not just using a tougher spring and forgetting to put an AR in the blaster. I also love the fact that they are actually putting some good old R&D into it rather that just replacing the spring and calling it a new blaster. They are actually taking the time to rework the internals of the blaster and making them fit into the shells of the old blasters. Maybe Hasbro is changing for the better.

Also Miredthoughts pointed out that it looks like there is still plenty of modding potential in these blasters which is good. I would hate for the blasters to have things in them that making modding something you need to go to medical school for. But it seems like there is not a whole lotta mess, and I bet Orange Mod Works will soon have kits out there for them. I'm glad I will still be able mod it and tweak it at my leisure.

I'm thinking I'm going to get the Retaliator, and I would like to get the Rampage as well. I'm still on the fence about the Hailfire. I really think it has potential but i think to reach that potential you will have to spend a lot of money. Much like a fully modded Vulcan of the past.

Tell me what you guys think. What blasters are you going to get from the elite series? What do you think of the Blasters from what you know?

1 comment:

  1. Good point,well made. I'm getting the rampage and possibly the firestrike if it gets good reviews (which if it's a nite finder remake it's bound to) and I think the blasters look really sweet (and secretive). Although I do think blasters such as the recon,raider,barricade and nite finder will lose value when elite is released.

    ReplyDelete