Nerf Universal Chat

Thursday 7 June 2012

Radioactive Maverick Commission

Hey guys it Than. I finally completed  my Radioactive Maverick mod and I am VERY pleased with it and I now my commissioner will like it as well. These are the mods I did to it:

- AR and post removal
- 5 Penny Mod
- Full Barrel Drop
- Semi-gloss black paint job with green enamel paint details
- 4 Green LED's
- Swapped black maverick with sonic series Maverick.

This mod was pretty easy to do but required a lot of time and hard work. I first had to sand down the standard maverick which took a while, and then paint it. After I painted it it was as simple as switching out the parts and making 2 blasters. Which produced something like this:


After that I did some detailing with some green enamel paint to ease the green in with the rest of the blaster.

Next was the LED's

The LED job was pretty standard. 4 LED's that ran on about 20mA each all run off a 9V battery. They have a 30 degree viewing angle which makes it nice to light up a blaster. I placed them in differently that I used to. I usually tried to dremel out a half circle on either sides of the shell, but that never turned out the way I wanted, and there was usually gaps which I had to go over with hot glue making the job look less than professional. This time I decided to put all the holes on one side of the shell. Sure it's a little brighter on one side of the blaster than the other, but it's not by much and the holes are much cleaner. I put in hot glue on the inside of the blaster but you can't even see it. It looks much better and you can barely tell there are LED's in the blaster at first glance.


Overall I am very pleased with my work and now that I know i can produce them I think i'm going to be making many of these. At least til I run out of green LED's. I can make them for $30 per blaster. Shipping will be extra and if you want a pair I may be able to make a discount for that. Comment if you have any questions or are interested in have me make you one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment