Nerf Universal Chat

Monday 18 June 2012

New Cheap Plunger Head

So I was wanting to make a decent plunger head for my Bow and i was watching Uin13's vid on HAMPS and saw this alternative plunger head and I also had a lego wheel on my desk , So I took the rubber part of it off and it had a near to perfect fit in 1 1/4inch PVC.
So then i filled in the Gaps with hot glue and got this


Then I tried wrapping etape around it and thought , This is going nowhere , I have a box of O-Rings on my desk , why not use them.


So I got a new wheel  ,  filled in the holes but with not as much hot glue as before and tested some of the O-rings and found the ones that gave a nice seal.
I then put more hot glue in and pushed the plunger rod straight in and then put that into cold water , to dry the glue quicker , i then put a ring of superglue around it to secure it.
I then greased it up , with the wrong stuff as i don't have Silicon or Lithum Grease and your done.
I think with the correct grease it will get a better seal and be smoother in your blaster
but heres the final product


Anyway BBV out. Hope you liked it and it works for you




1 comment:

  1. Very creative! I'll have to try this when I start making my own plungers.

    ReplyDelete